Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The ticket that exploded ribofunk?

So, as I am reading further into Ribofunk I am noticing simularities between The Ticket that Exploded and this book especially with the "McGregor" story, its disturbing the way that McGregor treats the animal splices and how he literally raped the little mouse. In this 'disturbingness' I see simularities with "The Ticket that Exploded" although I cant tell if the McGregor story is less disturbing because Peter Rabbit and everone else knows its wrong and actually try to stop it or if it is more disturbing because its so wrong in peter rabbits world yet in "The Ticket that Exploded" it is seen as natural sex not rape or abuse, and it is accepted. So I am debating with myself which one should be more disturbing or is more disturbing, Ultimately I think that "The Ticket that Exploded" was more disgusting-like and this particular story was just disturbing.

I also like how alot of the stories are almost CSI or SVU like, its as if I'm watching a crime show on tv, but im reading it and their are a bunch of splices in the mix. Another point I'd like to make is that in McGregor they mention the Krazy Kat which was the basis of the story before "the Bad Splice," so these stories are starting to interlink with eachother, as I read on we are encountering more splices and more slavery and such with splices. And it is interesting to think that someday technolofy could advance to this and create versions of there own splices with a certain percentage human like in Ribofunk.

1 comment: