Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ribofunky?

I am definately enjoying this book, I love being able to see into the other realms of the technologically advanced people. Even though alot of the ideas and new advancments seem far fetched it is not that unbelievable to put ourselves in their worlds. And I think the reason I like it so much is because it is another realm or universe but it is understandable and almost attainable, I definately can see our society meshing into a world that is simular to Ribofunks world.


My favoroite story so far has to be the second one with little worker, I think I enjoyed her character so much because we as readers were viewing her world through her eyes and because she seems so timid and loyal to her master, almost underestimated and mostly ignored. But at the end she ends up being able to take a stand and kick some ass, that part was almost shocking but also fulfilling. I was glad that she was able to do that because she seemed so incapable to being almost "monster" like with her 30% wolverine. But if she were to be monster like from the beginning I think it would have been easier to dislike her and just think of her as some slaughter machine who wants to have "her" master all to herself. Because the story was twisted into the way it was I ended up enjoying her character most of all and loving the wit that she put into everything

1 comment:

  1. I agree with your take of why "little worker" is such a compelling story for us as readers.

    ReplyDelete